There’s a lot to love about this song. Here are eight reasons.
- Simple lyrics. It’s absolutely an earworm kind of song, but that doesn’t really do it justice. Some of the best songs ever have one simple idea behind them, and this is one of those songs.
- It’s original. The first 24-hour video ever. What a crazy cool idea. I’m embedding 5 am, just because I like the idea of waking up happy, and because Magic Johnson dances around with all his Lakers’ gear, but go to YouTube and pick a time of day that works for you.
- Pharrell’s Hats. No explanation necessary.
- It delivers on its promise. If you’re in a bad mood, I dare you to listen to this song with an open mind and heart for a couple minutes. I bet you feel better.
- Wide-age appeal. Little kids to seventy-year-olds like the song as evidenced by all the people dancing, which brings me to…
- All the people dancing. I absolutely love that you see all kinds of people, not just beautiful people dancing to this song. It carries the message that anyone can be happy.
- It’s optimistic and inviting. Phrases like “a room without a roof” make me feel like anything is possible. The lyrics “Come along if you feel like that’s what you want to do” make me feel like I’m being invited into something incredible.
- $500. What?
How about a $500 gift card from the retailer of your choice? Because we’re happy, the eight authors of the YA box set Text Me are offering a deal you don’t want to miss. Help Text Me hit the bestsellers lists and earn a chance to win BIG! As of now, we will give away a $50 gift card after midnight on March 25th.
If Text Me hits the top 1000 on Amazon the prize jumps to $100!
If Text Me hits the top 500 on Amazon the prize jumps to $250!
If Text Me hits the top 100 of Amazon the prize jumps to $500!
What do you have to do to get in on this? Come along if you feel like that’s what you want to do! Just blog, tweet, post… get the word out, and keep track on the rafflecopter entry below! One lucky winner will be Happy!
Here are all the deets about Text Me —
From Curses to Crushes, Angels to Witches, Mysteries to Puberty ; Traveling through Time to Swimming Under the Sea— Text Me: 8 Novels of First Love brings 8 teens in awkward situations who are about to find out more about themselves. These 8 authors bring novels that will make you laugh out loud.
Special sale price of only $0.99
Regular price for all these stories is $21.92 — you save $20.93!